Setting configuration parameter to role and propagating it to users

From: asia123321(at)op(dot)pl
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Setting configuration parameter to role and propagating it to users
Date: 2011-02-04 12:32:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have following issue: I have several users with one role (and may have new users with the same role in the future so the role creation is justified).
So I created:
ALTER ROLE MY_ROLE SET search_path='my_schema';

But after doing it my_user (either existing or newly created) still cannot see my_schema (actually search_path is reset to ""$user",public").
No what I can do to make this search_path configuration parameter to affect all users with this role? Or I should set it by hand to each user? Am I missing something ? Why I can set configuration parameter for role and not have users affected?
I am using PostgreSQL 9.0.1.

Please advise.

Thanks & regards,
Joanna