Re: databases/p5-postgresql-plperl links to wrong libperl.so

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Sven Willenberger <sven(at)dmv(dot)com>
Cc: Anton Berezin <tobez(at)freebsd(dot)org>, Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)freebsd(dot)org>, freebsd-ports(at)freebsd(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: databases/p5-postgresql-plperl links to wrong libperl.so
Date: 2005-02-11 23:09:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Sven Willenberger <sven(at)dmv(dot)com> writes:
>> 2. _Or_ plperl does not go all the way to be a conformant perl-embedding
>> application. It looks at $Config{archlibexp}, but it does not follow
>> directions described in perlembed(1). In this case it's linking
>> should be fixed to respect that.

You probably want to stick an rpath into the plperl.so library. PG 8.0
does that by default, but for 7.4 I recommend something like this:

RCS file: /projects/cvsroot/pgsql-server/src/pl/plperl/GNUmakefile,v
retrieving revision 1.10
diff -r1.10 GNUmakefile
18c18
< override CFLAGS := $(filter-out -Wall -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes, $(CFLAGS))
---
> override CFLAGS := $(filter-out -Wall -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes, $(CFLAGS), -Wl,-rpath,$(perl_archlibexp)/CORE)

(The above is taken from the Red Hat RPMs and is known to work on Linux,
but I can't swear that it works on any other platform.)