Re: problem inserting tuples with access methods

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alice Lottini <alice_lottini(at)yahoo(dot)it>
Subject: Re: problem inserting tuples with access methods
Date: 2003-05-23 13:41:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

=?iso-8859-1?q?Alice=20Lottini?= <alice_lottini(at)yahoo(dot)it> writes:
> Here you have the routine handling the insertion and,
> following, the error which occurs at its execution.

The most likely bet is a simple coding error leading to dereferencing
an invalid pointer. I'd suggest getting out your debugger to find out
exactly where the crash occurs.

A CommandCounterIncrement() after every tuple insertion is surely
overkill, but beyond that I don't see anything obviously wrong with the
code ... unless perhaps that it assumes without proof that the relations
have exactly two columns --- if they don't, that could lead to the core
dump.