Re: SSL - automatic entry of certificate passphrase in PostgreSQL 10?

From: "Vasanth Kumar Pediseti" <vasanth_pediseti(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
To: "Martin Goodson" <kaemaril(at)googlemail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSL - automatic entry of certificate passphrase in PostgreSQL 10?
Date: 2019-12-06 21:45:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

PLEASE STOP SENDING&nbsp; - NOT INTERESTEDFrom: Martin Goodson &lt;kaemaril(at)googlemail(dot)com&gt;Sent: Fri, 06 Dec 2019 18:55:43To: pgsql-admin &lt;pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org&gt;Subject: SSL - automatic entry of certificate passphrase in PostgreSQL 10?Hello.Apologies if this is an easy one, I&#39;ve been looking around but clearlymy google-fu may be weak :)I&#39;ve recently been asked to enable ssl support on one of our PostgreSQL10 databases, which I&#39;ve done. However, the certificate I was givenappears to have been generated using a passphrase, and now during serverstart I&#39;m being prompted (as expected) for that passphrase.I&#39;m concerned that this is going to impact the automatic (re)start ofthe database after server shutdowns, crashes etc. I understand thatthere is functionality to support this in PostgreSQL 11 with thessl_passphrase_command parameter, but I was wondering if there&#39;s a wayto emulate this in PostgreSQL 10 or any kind of workaround?Or am I stuck with either requesting a new certificate without thepassphrase or going to PostgreSQL 11?For information, it&#39;s a PostgreSQL 10.5 cluster hosted on a VM runningRHEL 7.6.Many thanks!--Martin GoodsonIn bed above we&#39;re deep asleep,While greater love lies further deep.This dream must end, the world must know,We all depend on the beast below.&nbsp;