Re: arrays returned in text format

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Konstantin Izmailov <pgfizm(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: arrays returned in text format
Date: 2016-03-05 05:52:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Konstantin Izmailov <pgfizm(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Whole point of my question was why PG does not return
> binary formatted field when requested (this is a feature supported in the
> protocol).

You haven't presented a test case demonstrating that that happens in
unmodified community source code. If it does happen, I'd be happy to look
into it, because I agree it'd be a bug. But I have other things to spend
my time on than reverse-engineering test cases out of code fragments
dependent on incompletely-described custom modifications of Postgres.