Re: JIT causes core dump during error recovery

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JIT causes core dump during error recovery
Date: 2024-06-26 19:13:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> It gets a SIGSEGV in plpgsql_transaction.sql's
> cursor_fail_during_commit test.

Here's a simpler way to reproduce: just run the attached script
in a --with-llvm build. (This is merely extracting the troublesome
regression case for convenience.)

Interesting, if you take out any one of the three "set" commands,
it doesn't crash. This probably explains why, for example,
buildfarm member urutu hasn't shown this --- it's only reducing
one of the three costs to zero.

I don't have any idea what to make of that result, except that
it suggests the problem might be at least partly LLVM's fault.
Surely, if we are prematurely unmapping a compiled code segment,
that behavior wouldn't depend on whether we had asked for
inlining?

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
jiterrorcrash.sql text/plain 428 bytes