Re: Changing PK on replicated database

From: PegoraroF10 <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Changing PK on replicated database
Date: 2019-10-17 10:13:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Correct, those records are on replica too. I´m just talking about the best
way to update those keys and all their dependent tables.
If I change them first on master they will not be replicated because it will
be an update and their pk will not be found on replica, correct ?
If so, do I need to update manually on replica and later on master ?
And on replica server, all FK will be updated if I change that PK ? On
replica triggers are not triggered, are foreign key cascade ?
If I do this way, when I change that PK on master I´ll get a warning on
replica server because that PK did not exist anymore ?

The only question is, what are correct steps to do when you need to change a
PK on replicated database, just that.

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html