Return resultset from a function

From: Neumann Péter <neumann(dot)peter(at)calltravel(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Return resultset from a function
Date: 2004-10-12 23:15:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Every1,

I'm fairly new to Postgres and ran into a problem quite soon. Until
now I used MS Sql2000 and with it I was able to write a simple
stored procedure that returned a resultset (for example: 'select *
from table1'). But I don't know the way how to do it in Postgres,
cause I can't define a function that returns a resultset. I know
it's a lame question but I need some hints to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!
Peter Neumann
Hungary