Re: [SQL] Installation Prob

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Mike Field" <mike(at)fieldco(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Installation Prob
Date: 1999-08-31 14:31:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

"Mike Field" <mike(at)fieldco(dot)com> writes:
> I hope I'm not using the wrong list for this - if I am, sorry, and
> please direct me to the right list.

pgsql-admin would be probably be more on-topic...

> I'm installing PGSQL on a new server, and I get the following error when
> I run initdb
> syntax error 2334: parse error
> when it tries to create the template1 dbase. Then, right after I get a
> pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"

Hmm. You might check paths to be sure you are invoking the right
version of initdb and it is calling the right version of the postgres
executable. Also, run initdb with --debug switch to find out more
about what it's doing when the error is reported.

regards, tom lane