Re: BUG #17194: Issue with pgoutput

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: devops(at)getfareye(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #17194: Issue with pgoutput
Date: 2021-09-19 15:04:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> Bug reference: 17194
> Logged by: DBA TEAM
> Email address: devops(at)getfareye(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 12.5
> Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS

> We identified that there was an issue with the encoding with UTF8 characters
> with pg_output plugin. The data was visible correctly in the database but
> while pushing the data through the CDC pipeline there was some distortion
> with the Greek letters.
> Since pgoutput is a native plugin, kindly let us know any settings or
> parameter change that we can do to fix this on postgresql or debezium
> side.
> FYI:We are using postgresql 12.5 RDS

This is not noticeably different from your previous report, so I don't
know why you'd think you'll get different results. You've still offered
no detail that would let anyone else reproduce the issue, nor any strong
reason to believe that it's a Postgres problem at all.

There is some advice about writing actionable trouble reports at

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems