Re: ODBC problem

From: Heiko Klein <Heiko(dot)Klein(at)met(dot)no>
To: mark <mark(at)marklonsdale(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC problem
Date: 2002-03-22 13:12:24
Lists: pgsql-general

I can't explain it really. I know, that iodbc examples use allways only
one file, and I think, even in unix-odbc you can live with one file (not
sure on this). But I liked the idea of having the driver describtion
odbcinst.ini separated from the database-setup. The Driver in odbc.ini
points to the [PostgreSQL] entry in odbcinst.ini. Both files need to be
in the etc directory of your installation or in ~/.odbc.ini
~/.odbcinst.ini (I did it the first way, so I cannot guarantee about the
second).

Heiko