Re: loading plpython error

From: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)lists(dot)simkin(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: loading plpython error
Date: 2019-02-15 00:46:01
Lists: pgsql-general

> On 2/14/19 4:17 PM, Alan Nilsson wrote:
> > Platform: Linux x86-64, CentOS 6, Postgres 11.1.
> >
> > We have installed from the YUM repo. The server runs fine but we
> > are
> > trying to add python support.
> >
> > yum install postrgesql11-contrib postgresql11-plpython
> >
> > I can see the installed files in the correct locations but when we
> > invoke create extension, we are greeted with the following error:
> >
> > ERROR: could not load library "/usr/pgsql-11/lib/plpython2.so":
> > /usr/pgsql-11/lib/plpython2.so: undefined symbol: getmissingattr
> >
> > Is there something yet to be installed? Is this a package error?
> > Any
> > hints to fixing?

I see one possibly related issue talked about on a Debian list that
extensions compiled against PostgreSQL 11.2 would likely not load into
previous releases due to this missing symbol.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/skytools3/+bug/1815665

I would guess this is a related version mismatch; likely in the
build/release process.