Re: BUG #15508: Not able to connect irrespective of valid entries in pg_hba.conf

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Yogesh <yogesh(dot)jadhav(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15508: Not able to connect irrespective of valid entries in pg_hba.conf
Date: 2018-11-15 14:41:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Yogesh <yogesh(dot)jadhav(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Thanks for your response, David. I did restart postgres server (in fact
> more than 10 times).

Well, the three possibilities are (1) you edited the wrong file, (2) you
did not restart/reload the server, and (3) you put the wrong info into
the file. We seem to have eliminated (1) and (2) so that leaves (3).
What is the pg_hba.conf entry that you are expecting to match this
connection request?

You may have to show us the un-obfuscated server error message, too,
if you want an accurate diagnosis of why it's not matching the connection.