Re: Solaris Performance

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
Cc: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Mark kirkwood <markir(at)slingshot(dot)co(dot)nz>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Solaris Performance
Date: 2002-02-10 16:43:25
Lists: pgsql-general

>> Assuming PostgreSQL runs on Linux on SPARC (can't remember).

> It does. Debian has successfully built 7.1.3 on basically every architecture
> supported, which include SPARC. Unfortunatly they don't run the regression
> tests so it's not clear if all the compiler warnings are meaningless.

> http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=&pkg=postgresql

Those warnings look like the same ones I've seen many times on Debian
Alpha. AFAICT they're indicative of nothing except sloppy programming
in a system header file.

I can report that 7.2 passes regression tests on sourceforge's
SPARC/Linux machine, which claims to be Debian 2.2. uname says

Linux usf-cf-sparc-linux-1 2.2.18pre21 #1 SMP Wed Nov 22 17:27:17 EST 2000 sparc64 unknown

Curiously, though, I don't see any of the mathinline warnings on that
machine. Slightly different Debian version perhaps?