JDBC array support

From: juanmarianofuentes <juanmarianofuentes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC array support
Date: 2017-11-08 18:17:20
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dear all,

I’m new to this list, I hope to get some support regarding the JDBC driver since I’m developing a middleware using Postgresql.

I have successfully use the driver to set Object arrays.
preparedStatement.setArray(parameterIndex, connection.createArrayOf(sqlType, (Object[]) parameter));

The issue here, is that I see myself forced to create object arrays when I could perfectly manage this use case using arrays of basic types, been that way more memory efficient.

I hope somebody with more experience can point me on the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
Juan