upgrade slave in streaming replication from PG 10.4 to 10.5.1

From: "Ghiurea, Isabella" <Isabella(dot)Ghiurea(at)nrc-cnrc(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: upgrade slave in streaming replication from PG 10.4 to 10.5.1
Date: 2018-10-25 14:53:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

Gmorning List,

we have a system running PG streaming replication using repmgr4 , PG hosts are running Cent OS 7 with PG 10.4, we have a request to upgrade to PG 10.5 , my plan is to upgrade the slave db host first and later on /next month switch over and upgrade the existing PG master, we are using the following PG extensions: citext , pg_sphere,pg_stat_statements,pgrowlocks.

Also in existing PG 10.4 cfg:/data/ pg_wal is a link and we have cfg multiple tablespaces

Are any issues related to replication if we are upgrading the PG slave host first , ?

Thank you

Isabella