Re[2]: Alter index rename concurrently to

From: Andrey Klychkov <aaklychkov(at)mail(dot)ru>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Victor Yegorov <vyegorov(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re[2]: Alter index rename concurrently to
Date: 2018-10-03 11:51:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Based on these assertions, here is my proposed patch. It lowers the
> lock level for index renaming to ShareUpdateExclusiveLock.

Hi, Peter

I made small review for your patch:
Server source code got from https://github.com/postgres/postgres.git
1. Patch was applied without any errors except a part related to documentation:
error: patch failed: doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_index.sgml:50
error: doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_index.sgml: patch does not apply
2. The code has been compiled successfully, configured by:
# ./configure CFLAGS="-O0" --enable-debug --enable-cassert --enable-depend --without-zlib
3. 'make' / 'make install' successfully made and complete.
4. The compiled instance has been started without any errors.
5. I realized several tests by the pgbench (with -c 4 -j 4 -T 360) that modified data into columns, indexed by pk and common btree.
In the same time there was a running script that was making renaming indexes multiple times in transactions with pg_sleep(1).
After several tests no errors were found.
6. pg_upgrade from 10 to 12 (patched) has been done without any errors / warnings
7. Code style:
+RenameRelationInternal(Oid myrelid, const char *newrelname, bool is_internal, bool is_index)
This line is longer than 80 chars.
Thank you

--
Regards,