Re: Comparison between Postgres-XC, Pgcluster-ii, BDR-1.07,Xdb Replication Server,Bucardo

From: pavan95 <pavan(dot)postgresdba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Comparison between Postgres-XC, Pgcluster-ii, BDR-1.07,Xdb Replication Server,Bucardo
Date: 2018-08-29 05:20:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

I am looking for Active-Active clustering(HA) in Postgres along with DR.
Totally planning for HADR in postgres. I gone through the above mentioned
tools. Confused which one to rely on.

Can anyone help me in understanding the comparison between the above
mentioned tools on the following grounds:
<http://www.postgresql-archive.org/file/t351175/bdrfeaturematrix_gjpztch.jpg>

Even Though good at understanding each tool separately, I think it is better
to build a comparison matrix on the common criteria, please provide me the
inputs for the following :

1 Supports(MMR/SMR; with/without updatable target)
2 Source Environments(OS pre-requisites)
3 Target Environments(OS pre-requisites)
4 Latency
5 Resiliency
6 Ease of Use
7 External Tools/Plugins Used
8 Administration Interface
9 Advantages
10 Disadvantages
11 Minimum DB Version
12 Throughput(transactions-per-second/no.of.clients)
13 Limitations
14 Workload
15 CPU Overhead
16 Cost
17 Suitable
18 Failover
19 Network Required
20 Distance(if any)
21 Replication Protocol
22 Filtering(Selective Replication)
23 Filtering(Selective Replication) Done at(Source/Target)
24 Suitable for(Uni-Directional/Bi-Directional)
25 Writability on Master
26 Writablity on Slave
27 Native/ Third party
28 Synchronization modes(Synchronous/Asynchronous)
29 Data Level of Replication(Changes are replicated in Block/Page level or
Row level ?)
30 Master-Slave/Master-Master Relationship(one to many or one to one)
31 Transactional Consistency(Guaranteed or not?)
32 Licensed/Opensource
33 Official Installation & Setup guide(if any)

We are trying to choose one among the above mentioned tools based on the
above mentioned(33) criterias. Please help me to choose the best out of
this. I will be gladful if I could the all the 33 criterias like above
image(which gives me/many people a concrete solution when going for HADR in
postgres).

Looking forward to hear from you. Thank you in Advance.

Regards,
Pavan

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-admin-f2076596.html