including header files in a C extension

From: TalGloz <glozmantal(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: including header files in a C extension
Date: 2018-08-17 17:24:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

If I have an external library that I install using make install into the
/usr/local/include/libraryname path by default and I want to include it in a
C extension, the Makefile for the .so file includes the headers in
/usr/local/include/libraryname path.

Can I use #include <libraryname/header.h> when writing C/CPP code for my
PostgreSQL C extension or do I have to install the external library in a
different path than /usr/local/include/libraryname. I think that the
external library headers are not getting included.

I do manage to build the .so file without error.....

Thanks,
Tal

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html