Re: pltcl broken on tcl8.5 ?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pltcl broken on tcl8.5 ?
Date: 2008-06-16 02:36:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Buildfarm bobcat is broken running the pltcl regression tests - see
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=bobcat&dt=2008-06-15%2022:43:01
> and I have reproduced this on Fedora 9 myself. This distro has Tcl 8.5.1.

I missed 8.5.1, but I can say that pltcl passes its regression test
with both 8.5.0 and 8.5.2 on HPUX. However, that's with a
non-thread-enabled tcl, which might be relevant.

I've had problems in the past with pltcl on multilib Fedora ... are
you by any chance using x86_64, and if so do you have tcldevel.i386
installed as well? I've found that we tend to pick the "wrong" tcl
if given a choice. Although I think the symptom there tends to be
build failure not just a couple of weird test discrepancies.