Re: compiling libpq++ on Solaris with Sun SPRO6U2 (fixed

From: Lee Kindness <lkindness(at)csl(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Denis A Ustimenko <denis(at)oldham(dot)ru>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: compiling libpq++ on Solaris with Sun SPRO6U2 (fixed
Date: 2001-10-18 08:17:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It's really quite simple, the Sun C compiler (acc) does not understand
the -Wl flag, rather it passes the -R and -h options onto the linker
verbatim.

Given the only two (realistic) compiler choices under Solaris are gcc
and acc it makes sense to support then both 'out of the box'.

I keep a similar patch to Denis's (without the wierd hi-ascii
characters in his) lying around for when i build a Solaris version.

Regards, Lee Kindness.