Re: pg_stat_statements opening claim is potentially misleading

From: legrand legrand <legrand_legrand(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_stat_statements opening claim is potentially misleading
Date: 2018-05-15 18:07:17
Lists: pgsql-docs

The same should be noted for auto_explain as described here

www.postgresql-archive.org/Statements-that-time-out-are-not-considered-here-td6006753.html

As you, I was quite confused that cancelled queries where not taken into
account,
I first consider total_time, and mean_time in a second step (so durations of
timeout statements doesn't seem a problem here to me).

Here is an other discussion that could be interesting:
www.postgresql-archive.org/pg-stat-statements-how-to-catch-non-successfully-finished-statements-td6018801.html

Regards
PAscal

--