Table column headings PgAmin4

From: TedJones <ted(at)mentra(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Table column headings PgAmin4
Date: 2018-02-07 14:48:46
Lists: pgadmin-support

I am quite new to PostgreSQL and I am having difficulty with the following:

I am trying to input a csv file into a table that has a very large number of
columns. This means that it is impractical to create a table and specify the
name of all the columns. Can the column headings be taken from the first
line of the csv file?

Additionally, I have tried to do this with smaller number of columns with
CREATE table but the column headings appear in a different order to what is
in the csv file (that cannot be edited). I then cannot edit (cut and paste
as you would expect!) the SQL to change the order of the columns. Surely
there must be a way of doing this!! I have no control over the input csv
files that contain the data.

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html