Re: BUG #14736: Crash on postgresql server by autovacuum worker process

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jothiprasath21(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #14736: Crash on postgresql server by autovacuum worker process
Date: 2017-07-07 14:43:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

jothiprasath21(at)gmail(dot)com writes:
> I got the following stack trace after the crash and i'm not sure what were
> the queries executing at the point of time.

The postmaster log would probably have told you what happened ... did you
save it?

Just looking at the stack trace, I'm thinking it probably was a file
write error (maybe just out-of-disk-space?) that got promoted to PANIC
because we were inside a critical section for commit. If so, it's
operating as designed.