Re: Using YY-MM-DD date input

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Using YY-MM-DD date input
Date: 2003-07-28 16:43:56
Lists: pgsql-general

> Now, adding a YYMMDDD mode (not to be confused with YYYYMMDD) to
> datestyle is a feature addition to me. I am not sure if anyone wants
> it, though.

Well, we now saw one person besides me who wants it, so that's good
enough for me ;-). I'll take responsibility for applying Greg's
original patch plus mods to support 'DMY', 'MDY', and 'YMD' input
datestyle options.

Did we come to a conclusion on whether DMY and MDY ought to become
the preferred names for those input modes, rather than EURO and US?
I'm leaning towards doing it ...