Re: [sqlsmith] Crash in mcv_get_match_bitmap

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [sqlsmith] Crash in mcv_get_match_bitmap
Date: 2019-07-10 20:57:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich(at)gmx(dot)de> writes:
> running sqlsmith on the regression database of REL_12_STABLE at
> ff597b656f yielded a crash in mcv_get_match_bitmap. I can reproduce it
> with the following query on the regression database:
> select filler1 from mcv_lists where a is not null and (select 42) <= c;

Seems to be the same problem I just complained of in the other
thread: mcv_get_match_bitmap has an untenable assumption that
"is a pseudoconstant" means "is a Const".

I notice it's also assuming that the Const must be non-null.
It's not really easy to crash it that way, because if you just
write "null <= c" that'll get reduced to constant-NULL earlier.
But I bet there's a way.