Re: Restoring tables with circular references dumped to separate files

From: doganmeh <mehmet(at)edgle(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restoring tables with circular references dumped to separate files
Date: 2017-10-21 20:48:24
Lists: pgsql-general

The list approach for partial restore is also useful, thank you.

On another note, I used to take full backups (entire database), however
switched to table by table scheme in order to make it more VCS friendly.
Namely, so I only check into github the dumps of the tables that are updated
only.

So, from that perspective, is there a dump-restore scenario that is widely
used, but is also VCS friendly? To my knowledge, pg_restore does not restore
backups that are in "plain text" format, and compressed formats such as
"tar" would not be github friendly.

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html