Re: Re: 7.1 RPMs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: 7.1 RPMs
Date: 2001-04-14 18:20:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
> If someone wants to come up with an idea for name, i think that the whole
> Win camp could be seperated also ...

> pgsql-windows and pgsql-rpm ?

A windows list seems like a good idea. But I'm not sure that a separate
list for RPMs is a good idea. In the first place, it's fuzzy: is it
to be used just for RPM packaging discussion, or is it going to draw
off --- for example --- all bug reports from people who happen to have
installed from RPM instead of source? I suppose the former is intended,
but it's not going to be clear to people. I think we've already got too
many lists with fuzzy boundaries. In the second place, the RPM
packaging discussion is quite sporadic; I think the traffic would be nil
except at times when Lamar is working on new RPMs.