Re: Compiler warnings on Debian 10

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Daniel Westermann (DWE)" <daniel(dot)westermann(at)dbi-services(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compiler warnings on Debian 10
Date: 2021-02-11 21:36:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Looking at things more closely, I realize that the warnings are not
showing up in most compiles (if they were, you'd have many more of
them). They are only showing up in the llvmjit_*.cpp files, which
need to be built with a C++ compiler not gcc. I can see in your
make log that those are getting built with "c++", so now I wonder
exactly which compiler that is.

You could probably suppress these complaints by passing "CXX=g++"
to configure. Or at least, you could if g++ was installed, but
I think configure will default to that if it can find it...