Re: Auto-Rollback option

From: mpomykacz <m(dot)pomykacz(at)alfavox(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Auto-Rollback option
Date: 2017-02-13 15:15:55
Lists: pgsql-general

So my problem is like this:

I start the transaction with BEGIN TRANSACTION;
Then I have for example some INSERTs to DB
and at the end COMMIT; and END TRANSACTION;

But if one of this INSERTs causes error, the transaction will stop (but it
is still open and next patch is implemented within the same transaction).

When I turn the Auto-Rollback on everything is ok : in situation like this
my transaction is automatically rollbacked and closed.

But I do not want to do the Auto-Rollback click manualy in the Option menu
or query editor window (because I can not be sure that the person who will
run the patch would remember about this click).

I'm using 1.22.1 version.