Re: dblink() cursor error/issue (TopMemoryContext)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Henry - Zen Search SA" <henry(at)zen(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dblink() cursor error/issue (TopMemoryContext)
Date: 2008-06-13 19:56:44
Lists: pgsql-general

"Henry - Zen Search SA" <henry(at)zen(dot)co(dot)za> writes:
> On Fri, June 13, 2008 7:05 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The memory overhead per subtransaction is
>> not zero, though I think it's fairly small if you don't have any
>> triggers pending as a result of the insert.

> Two triggers are fired for each insert (before and after trigs).

The after trigger is probably the main source of the problem ---
have you any way of avoiding that?

(I wonder whether we can't improve on that, at least for the case of a
non-deferred after trigger, which'd have already been fired before we
exit the subtransaction. The trick is how to know that there's nothing
useful left in the subtransaction's per-transaction memory context ...)