[Pgbuildfarm-members] guppie: 64MB RAM too small?

From: "Christian Mair" <chris(at)1006(dot)org>
To: <pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
Subject: [Pgbuildfarm-members] guppie: 64MB RAM too small?
Date: 2006-03-20 10:49:25
Lists: buildfarm-members pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I've recently added guppie to the buildfarm:
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=guppy&br=HEAD

I see random failures on make check which appearantly are
guppie's fault. Instead of the expected outputs one can see
lines such as:
"could not send startup packet: Broken pipe"
or
"psql: could not fork new process for connection: Resource temporarily
unavailable"

To me, these look like messages you get from overloading a machine
(no more RAM, no more processes, ...)

Now the question is: is guppie to small for make check?
It is Open BSD 3.8 on a Pentium 1 with 64MB RAM and 256MB SWAP.
It runs just the buildfarm, sshd and apache (totally idle), no gui.

Bye, Chris.

PS: I had the impression I passed make check at least once
when I made the dry runs, but I might have looked in the wrong place.