Tricky math in PSQL

From: Kip Warner <kip(at)thevertigo(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Tricky math in PSQL
Date: 2016-04-22 18:44:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hey list,

I am having problems trying to figure out the best way to implement a
complicated function in PostgreSQL. I have tried my best to articulate
my problem here:

http://pastebin.com/zwWmYMd0

To understand it mathematically is not so hard, but to express it in
PSQL syntax is hard for me.

I am aware that the views and functions I have may not be the most
efficient. I am open to suggestions for those too.

--
Kip Warner -- Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred