Re: Help with CREATE FUNCTION

From: Kip Warner <kip(at)thevertigo(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Sándor Daku <daku(dot)sandor(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Help with CREATE FUNCTION
Date: 2016-04-18 18:24:00
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Mon, 2016-04-18 at 11:17 -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> Then add three more arguments to the function and refer to those
> arguments like you do the two ids.

I would rather not because there's about 32 of these constants and
conceptually it doesn't make sense to provide them as arguments when
they are in practise immutable.

> There is no provision in PostgreSQL for constructing a global
> variable in that fashion. You could maybe leverage GUCs to that
> effect, though.

I guess I am misunderstanding the variable declaration syntax?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/plpgsql-declarations.html

--
Kip Warner -- Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred