pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only

From: Linreg <linreg(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only
Date: 2013-09-09 06:49:38
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello @All,

i want to make a port away from wxWidgets to a c++ only job scheduler.

Why:
I want to reduce dependencies. A framework like wxWidgets should not installed to
server systems without GUI (linux or windows server)
C++ libs are already installed in most cases.
i want to push / support the development.

Questions:
Is this supported from pgAdmin developers?
Exists another point of view for this thema?

Thanks

Thomas Steffen

- Software Developer and engineer for electric technology
- C/C++, Perl, VBA and many more