Re: coverage.postgresql.org not being refreshed

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: coverage.postgresql.org not being refreshed
Date: 2021-01-23 23:23:07
Lists: pgsql-www

> On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 8:45 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> Ugh, no I never run that test either. Will fix.

> Is there a particular reason we don't run it on the buildfarm, at
> least on some animals? Seems like that would be a much better way of
> finding these problems...

IIUC, the reason it's not run by default is that opening up a port
on localhost is insecure on multi-user systems. While that might
be a problem for buildfarm animals too, the ones that are running
things like the SSL checks already have the same hazard. Seems
like we could add a buildfarm client option to run this test.

Or we could just flush the test. It's not very clear to me what
coverage it's adding.