Re: pgAdmin and sudo mode

From: Wim Bertels <wim(dot)bertels(at)khleuven(dot)be>
To: Adam Pearson <Adam(dot)Pearson(at)4finance(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin and sudo mode
Date: 2015-09-01 11:15:22
Lists: pgadmin-support

Adam Pearson schreef op di 01-09-2015 om 11:01 [+0000]:
> Thanks for the response Wim, unfortunately creation of SuperUser accounts isn't something we're allowed to do (company policy) with the idea that there should only be this 1 superuser account that we sudo into for elevated permissions

as said sudo in sql does not exist:
the closed you'll find is

\h set session authorization
Command: SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION
identifier of the current session
Syntax:
SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] SESSION AUTHORIZATION user_name
SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] SESSION AUTHORIZATION DEFAULT
RESET SESSION AUTHORIZATION

\h set role
Command: SET ROLE
Syntax: