Confused about stream replication protocol documentation

From: Li Japin <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Confused about stream replication protocol documentation
Date: 2020-12-22 09:07:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, all

In Stream Replication Protocol [1], the documentation of `START_REPLICATION` message is

XLogData (B)

Primary keepalive message (B)

Standby status update (F)

Hot Standby feedback message (F)

I’m confused about the means of ‘B’ and ‘F’? If it doesn't make sense, why we document here?
However, if it makes sense, should we explain it?
Can someone help me out?

Anyway, thanks in advance!

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/protocol-replication.html

--