Re: Backing up and restoring a database with the SELinux pg_user problem.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joseph Kiniry <kiniry(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Backing up and restoring a database with the SELinux pg_user problem.
Date: 2005-02-04 15:19:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Joseph Kiniry <kiniry(at)acm(dot)org> writes:
> I'm currently blocked on the system catalog schema "pg_catalog";
> whence is it initialized?

That row in pg_namespace is missing, you mean? That's very odd ... what
rows do you see in pg_namespace? That should be loaded as part of the
basic bootstrap operation, and if basic bootstrap had failed you'd
definitely not have failed to notice ;-)

> I have looked though all initdb-related
> scripts, SQL files, and BKI files and have found several references to
> pg_catalog, but I have not found its definition/initialization.

The definition/initialization is basically driven from macros in
src/include/catalog/pg_namespace.h; in particular all the rows defined
by DATA macros in that file should have been created during bootstrap.
You might look in the .bki file to verify that there is a section
creating and loading pg_namespace.