Re: CI, macports, darwin version problems

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CI, macports, darwin version problems
Date: 2024-06-26 04:04:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> But I thought of an easier way: instead of trying to do my own cache
> invalidation with shell script and duct tape, I can include the
> current OS major version in the cache key used to carry the
> macports directory between CI runs. Hopefully Cirrus's cache machinery
> is smart enough to age out the old stuff eventually.

Sounds reasonable.

> FTR there is a newer macOS release that recently came out, Sequoia aka
> macOS 15, but the image available to us for CI is marked beta so I
> figured we can wait a bit longer for that.

Indeed not; that's only beta and will be so till September-ish.
We don't really want to touch it yet because of this issue:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAMBWrQnEwEJtgOv7EUNsXmFw2Ub4p5P%2B5QTBEgYwiyjy7rAsEQ%40mail.gmail.com

I'm not sure what the resolution of that will be, but we surely
don't want to gate CI improvement on that.