how to get JDBC driver version from command line

From: akshunj <rickjackson001(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how to get JDBC driver version from command line
Date: 2015-04-02 16:26:34
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

Is there a way to get the JDBC driver version from the command line? I'd
like to make the name generic for various administrative reasons.

I suspect this could be done using something along the lines of:

java -cp ./postgresql.jdbc4.jar org.postgresql.Driver -version

I'm not fluent in Java, so I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.