Strange Query - Reg

From: sramay <nic(dot)srama(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Strange Query - Reg
Date: 2015-03-09 08:35:33
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

In my postgresql instance in both 9.2 and 9.4 ( community version). I am
getting the following query executed
often ( most of the time). Why? The query is seems to be related to
catalog management? Why it happens
can any one give light in this regard?

SELECT NULL AS TABLE_CAT, n.nspname AS TABLE_SCHEM, ct.relname AS
TABLE_NAME, NOT i.indisunique AS NON_UNIQUE, NULL AS INDEX_QUALIFIER,
ci.relname AS INDEX_NAME, CASE i.indisclustered WHEN true THEN 1
ELSE CASE am.amname WHEN 'hash' THEN 2 ELSE 3 END END AS
TYPE, (i.keys).n AS ORDINAL_POSITION, pg_catalog.pg_get_indexdef(ci.oid,
(i.keys).n, false) AS COLUMN_NAME, CASE am.amcanorder WHEN true THEN
CASE i.indoption[(i.keys).n - 1] & 1 WHEN 1 THEN 'D' ELSE 'A'
END ELSE NULL END AS ASC_OR_DESC, ci.reltuples AS CARDINALITY,
ci.relpages AS PAGES, pg_catalog.pg_get_expr(i.indpred, i.indrelid) AS
FILTER_CONDITION FROM pg_catalog.pg_class ct JOIN pg_catalog.pg_namespace
n ON (ct.relnamespace = n.oid) JOIN (SELECT i.indexrelid, i.indrelid,
i.indoption, i.indisunique, i.indisclustered, i.indpred,
i.indexprs, information_schema._pg_expandarray(i.indkey) AS keys
FROM pg_catalog.pg_index i) i ON (ct.oid = i.ind

Thanking you in advance,

Regards

Ramachandran S