Re: [GENERAL] ElephantWear Now Available...

From: Daniel Lundin <guru(at)umc(dot)se>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Daniel Lundin <daniel(at)umc(dot)se>, "Clark C(dot) Evans" <clark(dot)evans(at)manhattanproject(dot)com>, jeff(at)pgsql(dot)com, Peter Johansson <peter(at)umc(dot)se>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] ElephantWear Now Available...
Date: 1999-08-04 17:51:52
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

The Hermit Hacker writes:
> > * GNU style donation field on the order form. It's convenient (and
> > seductively easy) to add an amount of cash for donation while
> > purchasing merchandise.
>
> Basically, combine the 'contribute' page with the 'merchandise' one? Or
> leave them seperate but add 'donation' to the merchandise? Easily done,
> just want to confirm which way you are thinking here...

I just meant a simple field on the last order page stating "Optional
contribution to the postgresql development group" or similar.
No merging, just a more informal way of contributing smaller amounts
while doing regular orders.

> > * Printable 80-cols wide text-only order form for fax/email orders
> The last page on the order form prints okay, no?

Sure, but I was thinking more like a regular printed order form.
Take a look at the GNU order form to see how I mean:

http://www.gnu.org/order/order.html

I suggest to not have any html on the printable/emailable form, but
rather sticking to plain 80-column wide text.

> > * Public PGP key for secure email orders
> finger sales(at)pgsql(dot)com

Nice, then just add a short blurb that orders can be placed by email,
and if desired using _this_ (link to pgp-key ascii-transport file) pgp
key.

/Daniel

--
Daniel Lundin - UMC, UNIX Development \/