infinite recursion detected in rules for relation

From: pinker <pinker(at)onet(dot)eu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: infinite recursion detected in rules for relation
Date: 2015-02-12 16:48:36
Lists: pgsql-general

I wanted to set a rule:
CREATE RULE "_RETURN" AS ON SELECT * from backend.test DO INSTEAD
SELECT * FROM backend.test WHERE who='Me';
When I'm trying to do anything on the table I get following error:
ERROR: infinite recursion detected in rules for relation
"backend.test"********** Błąd **********ERROR: infinite recursion detected
in rules for relation "backend.test"Stan SQL: 42P17
Is there any way to avoid that? Maybe there exist some other approaches that
could be useful ?