Re: archive not showing all attachements

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: archive not showing all attachements
Date: 2022-03-26 19:48:12
Lists: pgsql-www

> On 2022-03-26 18:41:39 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> MIME parsing in general is black magic, but in this case it seems pretty
>> clear that showing it as an attachment is plain wrong. Not showing it at
>> all, however, is also wrong, but I'm not sure how much complexity it's worth
>> to handle this case, given it's the first time I've heard of the problem.

> I'm not sure we'd really notice. I dimly recall encountering something like
> this before and somebody else complaining about it.

I've definitely seen other cases where the archives fail to show a portion
of a message that I can see by other means. Whether this particular
mechanism was the cause, I can't say of course.

I recall an example recently [ digs... ] ah, here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/7f6fabaa-3f8f-49ab-89ca-59fbfe633105@me.com

There is a patch in there, but it looks like the boundary line
for the preceding section might be messed up?