Re: Libevent conflict on EL-6?

From: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Libevent conflict on EL-6?
Date: 2014-06-18 14:26:34
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hi,

On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 22:13 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:

> The first issue appears resolved, now it's just protesting that it
> also has an i386 libevent and PGDG doesn't provide a matching updated
> i386 libevent, only an x64 one.

Just wondering -- which package requires libevent.i686? Can you please
remove it, and see what happens?

> It seems pretty weird to package an update to a distro package like
> this at all.

Please take a look at the HTML sources of yum.postgresql.org, and grep
for word "attention". There is a hidden paragraph there, which I put 2
years ago. We need this for pgbouncer.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ