\COPY from CSV ERROR: unterminated CSV quoted field

From: ogromm <alex(dot)schiller1990(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: \COPY from CSV ERROR: unterminated CSV quoted field
Date: 2014-06-18 09:00:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I get the error "unterminated CSV quoted field" when I try to copy text with
"new line \. new line"

For example:

CREATE TABLE test (text TEXT);
\COPY test FROM 'test.csv' WITH DELIMITER ',' CSV HEADER;

test.csv:
Text
"some text
\.
more text"

Can any one please give me some clue how to get rid of this problem.

Thanks in advance.

ogromm