Re: Behavior of CAST to integer

From: byron509 <bchigoy(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Behavior of CAST to integer
Date: 2014-05-15 19:13:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks for the solutions gentleman. I really appreciate it.

Usually I am using postgres/postgis for geographic analysis and large (but
static) data manipulation. This threw me for a little loop as I was
requested to translate some FORTRAN code into SQL. Well you can imagine
what kind of fun that is. So I was stuck trying to mimic that instead of
finding an alternate function.