Re: list tablespaces named in custom format dump

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: list tablespaces named in custom format dump
Date: 2022-05-23 19:47:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On 5/23/22 12:26, Rob Sargent wrote:

>> As to older version, how are you installing Postgres?
>>

>>> Much appreciated,
>>> rjs
>
> Yeah, that’s part of the problem. /I’m/ not installing postgres, another
> group has that control.  I can get the answer for version 14 but maybe
> not for version 10.  Currently these are “Rocky Linux” but the pg14
> install could have been done on CentOS8.  CentOS<something> for version
> 10.  I’ll see if I can nail that down.

So the options are:

1) Try the version 14 pg_restore to version 14 instance of version 10
dump file.

2) Wait to see if the admins can/will install a Postgres 10 instance to
restore to from version 10 dump file then dump from using version 14
pg_dump to restore Postgres 14 instance.

3) Spin up a VM either on cloud service or locally and install Postgres
10 and do the version 10 restore/version 14 pg_dump there.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com