Re: installing uuid generators

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: installing uuid generators
Date: 2010-03-16 20:26:58
Lists: pgsql-sql

Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com> writes:
> On 16/03/10 18:08, Rob Sargent wrote:
>> I'm still left worried about the correct procedure for getting uuid-oosp
>> installed properly on SUSE 11. Does the server release's contrib
>> contain uuid-ossp? I didn't see it on my desktop release. (I don't
>> want to have to tell my mates to go through the issues I had building
>> the lib etc.)

> I'd be surprised if there wasn't a -contrib or -extras rpm with the
> relevant files. The community rpms should have them if the "official"
> Suse ones don't

If there is a contrib rpm but it doesn't seem to contain uuid-ossp,
the likely reason is that the maintainer never got around to adding
--with-ossp-uuid to the build options. (I know it took me a while
to add that to the Fedora build :-(.) You could confirm or deny
that theory by looking at the output of pg_config --configure.
If so, file a bug report with SUSE asking for that to be added.